Sorry to have fallen off the face of the earth last week. You can blame a certain British country manor around the time of World War I. Indeed, I have been COMPLETELY sucked in by Downton Abbey, and you should, too. Soooooo good.
Anyways, back to the big competition! Round of applause to our Week 3 Biggest Loser, Darrah! Heidi once again topped the charts for exercise.
Today’s challenger profile is rockin’ fellow mom-of-twins, Sarah.
My name is Sarah. I live in the D.C. suburbs with my husband and 7 year old twins. I work from home as a freelance writer, working on social media projects and selling swag. You can always find me complaining or waxing poetic about football or hair metal on Sarah and the Goon Squad, Draft Day Suit, That’s Right. You Heard Me, Aiming Low or on twitter as @goonsquadsarah.
2. What are your fitness and/or weight-related goals, both for this competition and longer-term?
Honestly I just need to lose some of this belly. I am tired of hating my body. I turn 40 in December and I want to be 160 or under on my 40th birthday.
3. What is your least favorite part about getting fit / losing weight? Or, what is the hardest part or biggest obstacle? Have you figured out any ways to deal with those challenges?
I have issues with beer. And wine. And food. I am usually pretty good during the day, but the afternoon kills me. At about 3:30 I want to eat salty things. I am starving until dinner, where I over eat. Working from home it is hard to not accidentally eat an entire box of crackers.
4. What part do you like the most? What comes the easiest for you, what do you enjoy, what do you find the most rewarding?
Once I get rolling on the exercise part I feel better in general and then it is easy to keep going. Plus, I can watch live streaming “Friday Night Lights” on Netflix from my elliptical. I find motivation in looking better.
5. Where do you find motivation, how do you keep yourself on track? Competition? Routine? Keeping things fresh? Comparing yourself to all of the pretty girls from high school on Facebook?
I am bad at this part. Really my best motivator is self-disgust. Charming, I know.
6. What is your favorite type of exercise, and why?
I love my elliptical, mostly because I can watch tv and play monopoly on my phone for 45 minutes without anyone pestering me. I do it at home, whenever I can. I am really trying to do it at least four times a week.
Oh, and I hired a personal trainer. She is awesome, but she can’t stop me from eating.
7. Any favorite healthy foods? Great recipes, tasty snacks, or any other tricks that help you keep the food part under control?